How to make Money at Home
now browsing by category
Work From Home
As unemployment has become a major issue in India, a lot of educated young people are turning to online by opting different ways to make money online. In this article, I discuss the top 10 work from home jobs in India where you can earn anything from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 90,000 per month, or even more, based on your experience and skill level. The great thing about these work from home jobs is that they require little or no investment. Let’s see 10 ways to make money online
1. Virtual Assistant
Virtual Assistants are freelancers who work remotely through the internet and help businesses across the world with various administrative tasks and keep everything Organized. They handle tasks such as composing and responding to emails, creating business documents such as PowerPoint presentations and Excel sheets, responding to business inquiries, managing blogs and websites and much more. Anybody can become a virtual assistant – as long as they have decent communication skills and are comfortable working with computers and applications such as MS Office. You will find the best virtual assistant jobs at freelance sites.
2. Medical Transcriptionist
Medical transcriptionists work from home and transcribe recorded medical dictations made by doctors from thousands of miles away. All that a medical transcriptionist needs is a computer, a proper desk, a fast internet connection and a first-rate earpiece. It is important to have done a course in medical transcription. You can look for work as a medical transcriptionist by joining freelance websites such as Guru.com and Freelancer.com, or join an online medical transcription company that allows you to work from home.
Most Indians know at least 3 or 4 languages, including English, and this opens up several opportunities for them. There are a lot of translators on freelance websites, but only a few who are really up to the standard that clients expect from them. If you are fluent in Hindi and English, or for that matter Tamil and English, you will find a plenty of opportunities from both, Indian and Western businesses or authors in need of quality translation services. The best way to make money as a translator is to join a freelance site such as Fiverr.com or Upwork.com that get a lot of traffic.
4. Web Developer
Web developers are dime a dozen, but great web developers are a chosen few. They are the kings and queens of the freelance world and can easily earn Rs. 150,000- 200,000 per month once they are able to make a name for themselves on sites such as Elance.com. A single web design project, if done well can fetch anything from $500 to $2500. Most web designers are self-employed and many are so successful that they hire other people. But it’s a tough skill to master as you will need to be very good at coding and have a taste for great design as well.
5. Travel Agent
Travel agents are freelancers who work on the internet and book flights, travel packages, railway tickets, bus tickets, hotels and so on for their clients who do not have the time to do it themselves, for a commission. There are a number of online travel agencies in India, so the competition in this profession is quite fierce. To succeed in this profession, you will need to specialize in something, such as, say, Andaman and Nicobar honeymoon packages. To become a travel agent, it is important to have your own website.
6. Freelance Writer
With the release of Google’s new Panda and Penguin updates, the quality of the web content is more important than ever before. So there’s a huge demand for talented freelance writers and content creators. If writing is something that interests you and you’re good at, create a profile on freelance sites such as Upwork.com, Fiverr.com, Freelancer.com, Guru.com and Elance.com. As a freelance writer, you can make anywhere from Rs. 20,000 to 100,000 per month – provided you are good at your job.
7. Social Media Manager
Every business has to be on the social media and social media marketing is absolutely critical for a small or medium-sized business. But who has the time to manage social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and so on? That’s why businesss hire social media managers to manage their tweets, updates and respond to customers on an immediate basis. If this is something that interests you, create a profile on sites such as CareerBuilder.com, SimplyHired.com, and Elance.com. It would help if you comfortable with the social media and have hundreds or even thousands of friends or followers on various platforms.
8. Data Entry
Data entry is one of the simplest things you can do to make money online. All you need to have is an attention to detail, a decent computer, fast internet, MS Office and fast typing skills. You can work at home according to a schedule that suits you. If this is something you can do, create a profile on freelance sites such as Freelancer.com, and SimplyHired.com.
9. Call- Center Representative
If you have any experience of working in a call center before, you can do this job at home, as a freelancer, on sites such as Freelance.com, SimplyHired.com and Upwork.com. You will get hired by a small business for this task and will be sent calls to your home. For this, you will need to get a decent computer and a special software and equipment.
Blogging is one of the best passive income opportunities online. If there is anything that interests you, like gardening, computers, or books then blog about it. It hardly costs a few hundred rupees to start a blog – but the earning potential is limitless. You can make money as a blogger from Google Adsense or as an affiliate marketer for Amazon, Clickbank, etc. It’s an easy way to make money, but you will need to be patient as you won’t make much in the first 6 to 12 months of starting the blog.
Where To Start?
Start by joining work from home freelance websites. On these websites, people looking to hire work from home candidates, will post their job requirement. You have to register, create a profile and apply for those jobs, right there. Here is a list of such work from home websites.
- Hi, Good Afternoon ! I have seen your posted job requirement and I find it interesting and challenging. If you provide me this project I will try my best to reach to your expectations and even beyond your expectations. I am an expert content writer and content developer working since 1998 continuously in this field. I have written many articles for various projects including educational and academic projects and websites and blogs. So I am 100% confident and assure the best and creative writing which will be 100% genuine and unique. If you are satisfied with this first project definitely you will be one of the most frequently returned client and valued customer. I spent adequate time and efforts in understanding my client’s requirements thoroughly, not only before writing my proposal but also later, while working on their projects, which has often helped me exceed my clients’ expectations! If you need a writer who puts in immense efforts to ensure that the final work exceeds your expectations, you should hire me.
- Hi! Good Evening ! I have seen your posted job requirement and I am able to manage comfortably. I have lots of experience in the job you wanted to be done in next 1 to 3 month. I have been working for long time in the media companies doing these all jobs you need. I have Experience with Instagram – Photoshop – Video Editing – Graphic Designing Hence I feel confident and most suitable candidate for the work you are looking for… you may visit my other proposals sent today to some other persons who are looking to provide work at upwork.com.
- Why do you think you are a good fit for this particular project?
- Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?